11:17pm - 2-yr old wakes up. Also has a nasty cold... is congested, needs readjusted in the crib, propped up on some pillows... goes back to sleep.
12:32am - 2-yr old up again. Nasty nose... wants held this time. Pick him up. Doesn't want medicine. Doesn't want a song. Doesn't want the rocker. Wants my pillow. Fine. We can both sleep. We go back to my bed (I say 'mine' b/c really Jonathan is far away on the other side completely incoherent... no idea he is sharing his bed). Quiet.
3:30am - 4-yr old up. He is crying in the hall bathroom saying he is cold. Well, he is standing there with no pants on. Of course he is cold. He goes potty. I put his pajama pants back on. Wants to come to my bed. Um... not going to work. Daddy's alarm is going to go off in less than 2 hours. I do not want two kids in my bed. I tell him NO. He cries more... I tuck him in. He wants to come to our bed he reminds me as he is wailing. Fine. I'll lay with him until he falls asleep. That suffices. Back to sleep for both of us.
4:00am - I suddenly wake up. Henry is sleeping. I go back to my bed. Forget little 2-yr old is on my pillow. Pick him up and move him back to his crib.
4:04am - back on my pillow by myself. Whew... back to sleep.
5:15am - Kick husband whose alarm is blaring.
5:45am - Answer phone while hubby is in shower to find out there is a school delay... doesn't matter for him. He has to go anyway.
5:50am - Hubby comes out of bathroom. I tell him the message. He asks if I want to have breakfast together... I say NO. He gets the message.
6:20am - Henry crawls into my bed and is trying to arrange his pillow. I help him and mumble something impatiently.
7:44am - Thankfully, EVERYONE is still sleeping... except for me b/c the phone rings again. Hubby asking if I'll go down and check the news to see if Kettering is closed. Why is he asking me this -- ? He is the one who is actually at the school?? Bizarre... I crawl out of bed, head downstairs, catch the closings, call him back -- YES they are closed. Tell him I love him and share my evening activities with him. He reminds me I can ALWAYS wake him.... ;) I guess I'll grab a shower.
7:52am - oh, but wait... someone is crying in his crib.
8:00am - muffins anyone?????? :)
Anybody else get this much night activity?

8 comments:
wish I could send ya a good night's sleep! i'd express it!
what mommy doesn't? Great post!
Definately been there done that!!!
Michelle, This is hilarious! And yes, we've all had nights like this!!!
Yes, definitely had nights like that! The other day I asked Michael why I felt so tired--I then answered my own question: Probably because I haven't slept through the night in 9 years!!!
I haven't had one like that in a while, but with four kids, I have definitely had my share! Jessica would wake up around 2am and say "wanna watch TV and have a snack" - she did this for months. I really thought I was going to lose my mind! Hang in there!
Chris
That is hilarious... you were coherent enough to look at the clock and remembe the times!!! -Andrea (Pam's friend)
and just think. . . you have another one coming. . .
don't you just love my encouraging words!!!
I can say that because I didn't get an entire night of sleep for over 7 years!!!
Post a Comment