Thursday, October 09, 2008

the simple things...

Do you ever have those days when you overflow with thankfulness? As believers, that should be everyday! But I'll be the first to admit that I don't always feel like that. This first picture is of Henry playing the other day in the sink. He could do this for hours if I wasn't constantly thinking of the water bill! He was so content and having so much fun "washing dishes." I took the next 2 pics that evening... and again, I was reminded of how thankful I am for these little blessings in my life. I had just gotten Henry new books from the library - and he was so interested in them. He was quietly looking through them and Jonathan was playing with Wyatt on the floor. Somedays I struggle to be content with the simplicity of my life -- but thankfully the Lord reminds me that we can have great joy even in these simple things.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pamela said...

great post, Michelle. Thanks for the reminder... I too struggle with with contentment at times. A thankful heart is what I want to have!

mikeanddebbie said...

All 4 of my kids LOVE playing in the sink. They'd wash their hands for an hour if I let them! :) Simplicity...I long for more of it. My day to day life is simple, but I would love to live on several acres in the mountains in a smaller town/community, have a garden, etc. Big city and "busy"ness all around..not a fan! :) That's why I love homeschooling and activites that keep our family day to day life simple. Not having to be on the go day after day! Like you, I am grateful for the simple things and praise the Lord that I am able to be home with my kids and observe those simple little things that make them giggle, or whatever! We do have so much to be thankful for! Great post!