Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Friday!

Henry recently had donuts for Dad's at school. He was SO excited that Jonathan was coming, and it was also the day of the book fair (well planned, huh?) so they were able to pick out a new Star Wars book together. It worked out well b/c Jonathan had that day off. They had a lot of fun!  
These are my two early risers. I'm not sure how I got two out of three! Myles is awake by 5:30am.. no matter what I try, he is up. He is happy, but the happier he gets, the louder he gets! So I end up bringing him into my room while I shower b/c I don't want the other two awake. However, Wyatt is up by 6:15-6:30am anyways, so I guess it's not a big deal. Henry is like Jonathan... a tornado could be going through and he'd still be sleeping! So every morning, it's me, Wyatt, and Myles. I never set my alarm b/c Jonathan's alarm goes off at 4:50am, Myles is awake by 5:30am, and Wyatt is up by 6:30am at the latest. Seriously, even if I tried to be a heavy sleeper, I don't stand a chance!!! :) 

Thursday chores are primarily basement related. Henry dusts everything and Wyatt cleans up any outstanding messes. We always turn on music... usually 'I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)' and it's loud. On this day.. I guess they were in gangster moods. I'm not sure where Wyatt picked up those moves, but they were classic.


Raising kids is so wonderful. I'm confronted with that all the time... the sheer frustration that does come at times can never overshadow the absolute gift they are (at least not yet it hasn't!). I have no idea if this is biblically-sound thinking... but I was just imagining the other day that if we, as sinful and imperfect parents, experience so much joy from our human, earthly, sinful children... then how much joy a perfect God must receive from his perfect Son. Wow! Anyways, chores are going well... we have settled into a nice fall routine, and I'm always amazed at how much a 3.5 yr-old and almost 6 yr-old can help share the load.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

AMY said...

Wow! your basement looks amazing!! Love Wyatt's moves!

Pamela said...

I really like that photo of Wyatt and Myles in the morning - so sweet. Before you know it, you'll be going to bed before they do and they'll be sleeping in till noon!

A urora said...

it doesn't get any better on the morning front... looking forward to the Saturday we don't have to take a kid to meet a bus at 5-6 am! lol

sona said...

Wyatt is so gangster!