The next day, David and Sona took the boys to see the Lion King in 3D. I had NO IDEA what was coming... when they got ready to leave that day, it all of a sudden hit me... they are LEAVING. We might see them some time in the next 12 months, but the kids won't. It cut right to my heart, and I could not stop crying.
All the way to church that night, and all the way home, I was so sad. So excited for them, so sad for us. The Lord has blessed us with not only family, but family that are our friends. Again, what a BLESSING to us. It does not have to be that way, yet He allows it. We have gotten to know David and Sona so much in the past two years... seen them grow in their faith, and seen them grow in their love and appreciation for each other. They are a blessing to us.
I guess the upside is we are storing their stuff while they are in London... so we will have a piece of them with us all the time! :) Every time we sit to eat at their dining room table (which the boys affectionately call Sona's table), every time I pull a book off of their book shelf, every time we put a movie on their TV... :)
It was a really wonderful wknd filled with lots of emotion!

No comments:
Post a Comment