1. This is a caterpillar.... the boys are not growing tails or widow's peaks. They thought this was great.
3. It is so very difficult to get a picture with everyone smiling.
4. Warm weather is here, and with that, come storms and more storms. This is the first year that Henry has shown a heightened awareness of what 'watches' and 'warnings' mean. He is very into the radar screen and what tornadoes can do. We always take him back to the Bible... reminding him that God is even God over the weather, nothing is out of his sight, He is with us at all times, and even if a tornado did take our home, He is still with us. Would it be scary, yes. Would it be difficult, yes. But not out of His control. The storm the other night was a great opportunity to share with him how we fear the storms b/c they are amazingly powerful and beautiful and frightening all at the same time. But when we are safe in the basement, we can be in awe of the storm but there is nothing to fear. It is similar to God... we have much to be terrified of if we stand apart from Christ. God is amazingly powerful and beautiful and frightening all at the same time and He can crush us, but if we trust in Jesus, we have a refuge from the storm... a strong shelter to run into. And we 'fear' God in an awestruck way, not a 'scared' way. He seemed to really understand that in the way a 5-year old can. It still gave me chills even as a 32-year old... that I have a refuge in the storm of life... a safe place. That is Jesus!
6. Wyatt dilly-dallies (is that even a word?). ALL*THE*TIME. I'm not even sure what he is doing. The other day he was in the nursery at church, and a good friend happened to be in the nursery working. She said Wyatt was playing and told her daughter that she was "wasting time!" Oh dear... I guess that is what I'm saying when I ask him for the 4th time to get his shoes on and he's still trying to talk to an ant on the floor, or catch a fly, or see how many lilac petals he can pick up... "Wyatt, please obey NOW. You are wasting time!" I guess sometimes it's true, but I'm sure other times I could be much more patient with his youthful wanderings! But it was a good reminder that kids repeat what we say. And oh dear Michelle... how I need more patience! I am always praying that God would give me a more gracious attitude with my family.
7. Time truly is flying. And I'm thankful for every minute I have with these kids. I wouldn't trade it for a minute. And I try to keep ever mindful that they are only "mine" for a short time... a loan from God that He's asked me to care for.

6 comments:
Great post! Love the updates!!
Great photo of the boys ... looks like #3 finally worked out :)
I always love reading your blog! Wish we could get together so my girls could play with your boys while we caught up on life!
Pam
I think of that quote all the time. We still call Olivia "baby". We need to stop.
Great post and that caterpillar (or whatever) is gross. Way to be the cool mom and let him put it on his neck. That's why I have girls:)
boys. :-P
thanks for the update!
love the updates! And I will NEVER forget the interaction between those 2 in class!! Priceless! And what does it say about how I talk to Lilly, that her response was, "I am just getting our food! I am coming!" in a not so nice voice. . . aaahhh kids - our mirrors. . .
Post a Comment