Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sunday



Posted by Picasa I titled this 'Sunday' b/c right now for Wyatt, everyday is Sunday. He is always telling us, "Yes, I did that on Sunday," or "Mom, I wore those 'jama's on Sunday," or "Oh, I get it, Daddy's going to work on Sunday." It's so ridiculously cute! But I also titled it 'Sunday' b/c it's a quick recap of Mother's Day. We had a great day. Started off with Jonathan making breakfast like he always does on Sundays, and then church, and then a Trader Joes run, a Five Guys run (which was a great choice b/c there weren't many others in there... I guess no other mom's were requesting burgers for lunch!), and Myles being dedicated at church that night. Jonathan had the boys make me homemade cards and they picked out a new Starbucks mug for me. Love it... my coffee now stays warm from 5:30am to at least 9:30am!

I was hit that day with how much we LOVE our children. It's just indescribable the love that overflows for them. I can't hardly imagine the Lord loving us more, but He does, and His love is perfectly patient, perfectly kind, perfectly perfect. It is such a mystery b/c we are such desperate sinners. First John says, "God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins." What a blessing!!!!

At breakfast we were cracking up... seriously cracking up. Jonathan was reading Proverbs 31 to the boys. How wonderful this woman is... more precious than jewels, "Do you know what jewels are boys?" asked Jonathan. "Yes," Henry says, "they are like diamonds." Wyatt looks up from his muffin and says, "Or like my jewels..." and points to his privates. Nice. I'm sure that is exactly what Solomon was talking about in that passage.

All in all, we had a wonderful day and I'm so thankful for these three little boys and my wonderful husband!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Jewels. Classic. I'm glad my boys aren't the only ones who name their private parts.

A urora said...

Silly boys! so funny. Glad you had a great mother's day! You have such a beautiful family!!

mikeanddebbie said...

Too funny!! Gotta love boys!! Speaking of how much we love our children...I love this saying: "Being a mother is like walking around with your heart outside your body." Very true. The love for my children is indescribeable!!!

A urora said...

That kid is hilarious.

AMY said...

so my question is, "who told him to call his privates, jewels??" :)
I love it!!! Absolutely hilarious!
Great thoughts on the love of the Lord.
AND I was crying when Russ read that verse as you guys were up there!!!!!!!!!!!