Sunday, October 17, 2010

Memorable Things Kids Say - Volume 15

Football is the sport of choice lately for H & W... -- they play all the time... tackling each other, rolling over and over, deciding what team they each will be. They love to pretend like they are real players.

As Henry says, "Mom, Dad, listen for a minute. Look at me. (when he sees he has our attention.... he continues) Our heads are our helmets, our hands are our gloves, our feet are our cleats. Oh, and our shirts are our jerseys. Now listen, Wyatt is the Jets and I'm the Bengals. Dad, who are you cheering for?"

Jonathan says, "No one. I only cheer for the Colts."

Henry says, "OK, OK, Wyatt is the Colts, and I"m the Bengals. Now who are you cheering for?"

Jonathan says, "The Colts."

Henry says, "Mom, who are you cheering for?"

I say, "I can't cheer for the Bengals. So I guess the Colts."

Henry says, "OK, OK, Wyatt is the Colts, and I'm the Jets. Mom, now who are you cheering for?"

I say, "Oh good, I'll cheer for the Jets."

They they talk about things like 5-yard penalties, and field goals, and touchdowns, and quarterbacks, etc. all while they are playing. It really is the cutest thing. They especially like playing football in the sandbox.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

My 2 older boys love to play football together, too. Watch out! As they get older it gets more dangerous! :)

Pamela said...

It's only just begun! I'm sure they'll enjoy watching and "playing" football for many years to come. Go Colts : )