
When it comes to home projects, my dad is the man for the job. Really... he can do anything. I find it stunning and quite amazing - but he acts like it's just an ordinary thing. There is really nothing that he can't eventually figure out - and when he does the job, he does it perfectly. We have employed him in his retirement a few times now for projects in our house and we have never been disappointed. This past week, he came to our house for 4 days to put up new base moulding after we had the new flooring put in. Long story short... we had to buy all new hardwood trim for our kitchen, entry way, and office, sand it, stain it, and polyurethane it. THEN we could actually cut and put in. It's is a lot of detailed work... measuring angles, matching up multiple pieces flawlessly, and then measuring again and again. I had a great week visiting with him. Not only did I get to work along side him, Henry did too, and I also got to ask him lots of questions that I've never asked before so I was able to get to see a piece of him that I had not seen before. It was a wonderful time (for me... he might say something different since he did most of the work!!). Thanks DAD! As always, a job well done and we so appreciated it.


2 comments:
What would we do without our Dads?? Glad you were able to spend some time with yours!!
Sounds like you had a nice time with your Dad. That's great. :) I look forward to seeing your newly renovated house!
Post a Comment