I had such great plans for valentine's day... Jonathan was actually gone over night with the youth group -- so Saturday morning before he got home, I decided to make his favorite cookies... homemade sugar cut-outs with homemade frosting. All was well... until half way through cutting them out, Henry says he was done and that he wanted to go lay on the couch. OH shoot... Henry NEVER turns down a good cookie-baking session... so I knew that wasn't a good sign. I get about half way through frosting them when it all hits... he had picked up some sort of stomach flu -- and it was not good. Wyatt got it that night too! Happy Valentine's Day Mommy and Daddy... we had planned on ordering in Chinese and having a bottle of wine... but the night just never quite panned out. Oh well... the little guys are well now... and as it is, we had to eat all the cookies since we couldn't even get Devon and Beth to take some!! :)
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Valentine's Day
I had such great plans for valentine's day... Jonathan was actually gone over night with the youth group -- so Saturday morning before he got home, I decided to make his favorite cookies... homemade sugar cut-outs with homemade frosting. All was well... until half way through cutting them out, Henry says he was done and that he wanted to go lay on the couch. OH shoot... Henry NEVER turns down a good cookie-baking session... so I knew that wasn't a good sign. I get about half way through frosting them when it all hits... he had picked up some sort of stomach flu -- and it was not good. Wyatt got it that night too! Happy Valentine's Day Mommy and Daddy... we had planned on ordering in Chinese and having a bottle of wine... but the night just never quite panned out. Oh well... the little guys are well now... and as it is, we had to eat all the cookies since we couldn't even get Devon and Beth to take some!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The cookies look yummy. I totally would have eaten some!
I would have eaten that whole plate, but I would have blown my diet doing so! Sorry to hear the boys were sick, but that is what they get for hanging around those Bailey girls! :-) I would love to have the recipe for those cookies...hint hint....
Chris
Post a Comment