Monday, February 09, 2009

Training

This will be our family for the next few months. We started training for another half marathon - we're doing the Festival 500 in Indy. This has been a mental battle for me. When Jonathan is convincing me to do this, I have every excuse in the book as to why I can't = I'm too busy. I have two small kids. When do I run? It gets dark too early to run by myself. I'm too busy. If I run by myself with the kids, I have to push a jogging stroller and two kids which equals about 70lbs. If I wait to run with Jonathan, it's right during dinner time and it's getting late. I work part-time from home and already find it hard to get my work done. I'm too busy. I'm already tired. I don't want to get up earlier and go to bed later. On and on and on... BUT... I do want to spend more time with my husband enjoying a hobby. I do want to stay fit. I do want to practice self-discipline in all aspects of my life... my life as a believer in God's Word, my diet, my excercise, my family... Ahh!!!! Well, the funny thing is I didn't have to decide. My dear brother and his wife actually "surprised" us by entering us into the Festival 500 as a Christmas gift - paid our way. Merry Christmas Michelle! Aren't you so excited?? Oh gee... this should be fun. Suffice it to say, we have a plan... we have a plan... we have a plan... naptimes in the stroller on the wknds, evening runs, runs with friends, reading LOTS of Runner's World... it will work, right? Devon and Beth better watch out... paybacks are... well, they'll just have to wait and see... :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pamela said...

girl, I'm cheering you on! You can do it and it will be such a great accomplishment. Oh, and I'm sure I can help you with paybacks ... a years work of canned green beans?

mikeanddebbie said...

Good for you, Michelle! Enjoy getting in shape and spending time with your hubby!!