
Have you ever read the book Owl Moon? Well, we have. I read this book to Henry a few days ago... we've read it before, but I guess something just clicked this time. He just insisted that when Daddy got home, he was going to take "Henry" owling. The premise of the book is a Pa who takes this little girl out owling. They go out into the woods on a cold snowy night... and they have to be real quiet. Then Pa hoots like an owl... and "sometimes you see an owl, and sometimes you don't..." of course, in the book, they do spot an owl. Anyways, Jonathan gets home and this is all we talk about through dinner. So, upon Henry's request, Jonathan takes him out. You know the routine... the socks, the boots, the snow pants, the snow coat, the gloves, the hat, the hood, the "please have hot choclate when Henry returns b/c Henry will be cold..." I was actually thinking... nice, 20 minutes to myself :) It couldn't have been more than 2 minutes before I hear crunching of snow and crying at the back door... what?? Here's Henry... with crocodile tears... Jonathan said he was too scared once they got back to the woods. He was telling Jonathan to please not hoot b/c he didn't want to see an owl. Abort mission. I'm sure our neighbors think we're freaks. Still so cute... for the past two days, Henry has been asking Jonathan to take him back out. He says, "But Henry
DOES want to go owlin'." Jonathan says, "Not until you're 4 Henry..." :)
1 comment:
I love bringing books "to life." This is so cute and funny!
Post a Comment