Henry has never asked where babies come from. He has never asked me about where milk comes from even though he has seen me nurse Myles 1000's of times. He has never asked how you get a baby in your belly. Nothing. Today, our Bible story was about Isaac and Rebekah, specifically about how the babies were wrestling in her belly. We read in Genesis 24 about how when they were born, Jacob was grasping onto the heel of Esau. Why was that? What did they look like? etc. Henry asked out of the blue, "Well, how did they come out?"
I said, "What do you mean?"
"Like, how did they get out of her belly?"
"Oh yes, there is a special place that God made for babies to come out."
"Did they have to cut open her belly?"
"Um, that sometimes can happen, but not with Rebekah I don't think."
"Did they have to cut your belly to get Myles out?"
"Nope."
"Well, then how did he come out?"
"A place where God has babies come out."
"Where?" (He was getting very persistent.)
"A special place that God gives Mommies."
"Can I see it?"
"Can I see it?"
"Um, nope. It's a special place God gave Mommies and it's ready at just the right time to have the baby. Sooo... why do you think God said Esau was going to serve Jacob? And why do you think Esau had hair ALL over his body?? Isn't that strange?"
He moved right on... thankfully :) My first exposure to that question... I almost started laughing out loud. It was so darn cute.
| *There is no denying this bundle of cuteness! Watch out first grade, here I come! Doesn't Henry look just like him?* |
| *Chillin' with Myles* |
| *I know, as my mother would say, BUCKLE HIM IN. And since this picture, I have!* |

5 comments:
I've gotten that question a lot from the girls and my response is the same ... if Anna is still persistent then I tell her that she has to wait until she older. She almost always says, "like, when I'm 6 or something?"
oh my goodness. hilarious. i just read this to matt.
LOVE IT!!
When I had this discussion with Rachel recently...I told her where they come out of...her response was, "I am NEVER getting married!" :)
(For now, in order to have babies, you have to be married)...I'm letting her keep her innocence on that one for as long as possible!)
too funny! funny picture of Jonathan! Henry does look like him!
Post a Comment