When the weather gets cold, I love to make soup. If you are my Mom, you make soup when the weather is cold and icy... and when it's hot and humid. There was really never a bad time for soup when I was growing up! :) Which is probably why I have a true love for it... I tried homemade Chix Noodle Soup last week out of a new cookbook I bought on recommendation from my sister. (The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook... lots of healthful, yummy recipes!) We really enjoyed it. I decided if I had absolutely nothing else to do and no distractions, I would enjoy cooking more. I do like to cook, but I don't do well in a time crunch or under pressure. The soup was so good on an icy night.
Tuesday, February 08, 2011
Weather & Soup
When the weather gets cold, I love to make soup. If you are my Mom, you make soup when the weather is cold and icy... and when it's hot and humid. There was really never a bad time for soup when I was growing up! :) Which is probably why I have a true love for it... I tried homemade Chix Noodle Soup last week out of a new cookbook I bought on recommendation from my sister. (The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook... lots of healthful, yummy recipes!) We really enjoyed it. I decided if I had absolutely nothing else to do and no distractions, I would enjoy cooking more. I do like to cook, but I don't do well in a time crunch or under pressure. The soup was so good on an icy night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I enjoy making soups in the winter too ... it warms up my bones! I've made homemade chicken noodle soup a lot this year but I'm sure it's not as healthy as your recipe ... I'll have to check out your new book when I come over!
I am very excited to try your new cookbook! Looked it up on Amazon and read the reviews and have to say it is a good fit with our dietary needs in our family! We are primarily vegan, so we live off of soups in the winter...and all year long. :) Yum! always enjoy your blog!
so how did it turn out??
Post a Comment