Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Smiles with Myles - Volume 7

Posted by PicasaDon't you just want to squeeze him? Myles is almost 8 months old! Wow, we can hardly believe that. Spoken like a true parent of multiple children... I guess all of their lives fly by. Or at least that is what I hear. He is log rolling all over the place as I have mentioned before, and he smiles a ton and is getting an ornery side. Sleeps 10-12 hours a night, is a sketchy nap-taker (but we can't complain since his night time sleep is so good), still is resisting his solid foods, and LOVES his brothers. He is really into grabbing faces. It is so darn cute. We were supposed to have his ABR (auditory brain response) test last week, but had to reschedule since he still had a fever/cold. They don't want anyone at Children's who is not well, plus he really needs to be 100% before he takes the test. The ABR tests the integrity of the hearing system from the ear to the brainstem. It should tell us if he has any hearing loss at all. B/c of the speech therapists concern at his December appt, it is probably the best choice to follow through with the test if possible. It does require the child to be sleeping, and if that doesn't work, then sedation is needed. It will be difficult to have him sleep since they have to hook things up to his head, however, we can hold him so that is a plus. If we can't get him to sleep through the test, then we will most likely postpone it b/c we are very hesitant to sedate when he is still so little when it is not an emergency situation. So, you can pray with us to that end... that hopefully we will be able to get him to sleep for the test. We will have that on March 4th.

3 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

I will be praying! And yes, I do want to squeeze him!!!!

Pamela said...

So good to see you today. Love the photo of you and Myles. Praying for you always : )

A urora said...

seeing your pics/names on the sidebar, I just want to say how much I LOVE their names...and how they all have 5 letter name with a y. So fun for brothers!