Friday, July 30, 2010
Miles with Myles - Volume 1
We have had several people ask us if we are going to do updates on Myles through our blog. I guess that is a pretty good idea since many of you we don't speak with by phone or email often. So, I've decided to create a new label entitled 'Miles with Myles.' I thought that was pretty clever... :) Since we hope he runs cross country some day, we've been coming up with all kinds of puns around here. While Henry and Wyatt are conquering the wild west, Myles will be "running" it. Ha ha... Ok, anyways, our first update.
We met with the Warren County's ERC - Help Me Grow program. This is for kids with delays/disabilities and provides health and developmental services so that children can go into the school environment as healthy and ready to learn as possible. They will work with him until he is 3yrs old, and then if we choose, he will transition into the public school environment and receive their services. Our service coordinator, Dawn, was very kind and helpful. We had our intake interview with her, and we will meet with a team on August 9th. The initial team will consist of the service coordinator (Dawn), a physical therapist, and an early intervention specialist. They will assess Myles and determine what type of assistance he could use now and then continue to re-assess him in the future. They communicate with our pediatrician as well. In these first 3 years, all therapists come to our home which I find very appealing being the homebody that I am :) We will see someone face-to-face at least once a month, but again, if we choose, could have someone in our home as much as once a week. I think it all depends on what they are saying he needs. So we will have more info on August 9th. Today we see our pediatrician and she will hopefully give us more info on the Down Syndrome clinic at UC (Thomas Center for Down Syndrome at Cincinnati Children's). We've heard great things about this place so far. We're not sure how it will play into our future, but I'm sure we'll find out. As of today, Myles is doing great! We are so thankful for his first month of life... he has been nothing but a delight!
Labels:
Smiles with Myles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm so glad you're doing updates on your precious Myles! I still want to call you one of these days, though!
Clever name for these volumes about Myles. Great photo, too.
How did they determine he had Downs initially - bloodwork? Did they catch it (or why didn't they) during the ultrasound? Love the posts, he is a doll and so glad you have resources.
I mean really, how did you get so clever??? :)
What a great way to remember "how many miles, Myles has gone".
Your cleverness is rubbing off!
:o
Thanks for the update!
Cinci childrens is a great place. That was one of 2 places that had a doctor that had actually done the surgery that our daughter needed. The other doctor was in LA. She had her surgery there and stayed for a week and I have nothing but praises to say about Cinci childrens. They have a wonderful staff, great facilities, and the best doctors! From our door (in sringboro) to Cinci Chidlren's parking garage was only 45 minutes. Beats a plane trip to LA. :) I am enjoying all your updates about all 3 of your little blessings!
Post a Comment