Monday, February 08, 2010

Winter Storm Warnings

It's not often, living in the Miami Valley, that we get two winter storm warnings in a 7-day span. So, you can imagine our excitement when our pastor mentioned on Sunday that we might get another 6-9 inches. I thought he was joking. But the meteorologist in me ran home Sunday night and the first thing I did (even before checking the Super Bowl score) was check weather.com. Now that Jonathan is a principal, life isn't near as exciting when we get snow days as when he was a teacher. However, I still have it in my head that it is a "snow day" and I tend to forego my typical responsibilities at home!! On Saturday, after our first snow blast, we had so much fun with the boys. We shoveled the driveway, and then spent an hour or so in the woods playing down by the creek. It was absolutely gorgeous and God's creativity was surely on display. It was so easy to highlight for the boys. And again found myself being so thankful for the seasons!! Can't wait to see what He brings us this time!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What beautiful trees! Glad you enjoyed it!

Pamela said...

beautiful! aren't you glad you bought that house!!!