Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day 2009


Well, we don't have any crazy traditions for mother's day. I like it that way - Jonathan has made me breakfast the past 3 years -- and that has been very nice. This year I really wanted to do yardwork, so we put the boys down for naps and got to work. Henry got up (btw, Jonathan dressed him that afternoon...) and helped us in the yard. Overall, we had a great day. The one unusual surprise was that Jonathan purchased me a pedicure this year. I'm so excited to go get it! After all my running, my feet are in need of some serious pampering. I'm already praying for the girl who has to touch them! :)
An excerpt from Jonathan's homemade card from him and the boys, "... we thought you might enjoy a pause in your endless chasing us around the house, up and down the staris, and standing for hours in the kitchen. Wyatt protested the idea a little, claiming that he has been trying to give you a lower leg massage for months as you work hard preparing dinner in the kitchen, but you just won't stand still. We explained that his efforts looked more like hanging on your legs, and after a little crying and reflection on his technique, he agreed. So with love and gratitde for all that you do to make our lives perfect, we hope you will enjoy this time of relaxation..."
All in all, it was a great day... Beth, can't wait to get that pedicure with you :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh Michele, I love getting a pedicure! I'd hate to GIVE one, but I like getting one. You will enjoy it immensely!! Happy Belated Mother's Day to you.

Becky

Pamela said...

I've never had a pedicure ... tell me how you like it!!

Ryan and Heather said...

Looks like you had a lovely Mother's Day! Enjoy that pedicure!!

Matt and Abby said...

Have a great pedicure. My feet are horrible too, I'm jealous! I'll enjoy my massage though:)

AMY said...

What a wonderful memory filled day!