Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sense of humor...

We've learned in our young lives that you have to have a sense of humor... we arrive home late Sunday evening from Florida. So thankful to still be alive and tan and going to be in our own beds... I walked in the house to a familiar but unidentifiable smell. It didn't matter - figured I must have left some old food in the garbage disposal or left a dirty diaper in the trash or left trash in the trash... something would explain the odor. But I was in a rush to put Wyatt in bed b/c he had fallen asleep in the car. I came back down and Jonathan said to me, "Too bad we didn't buy Wildwood." Strange comment... that was the original house we wanted to purchase, but it didn't work out. I said, "Why?" He said, "Because it didn't have a basement..." I was like... hmm... what does that mean... He sees my puzzled look and says, "Don't go down barefoot." And walks back outside... Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Of course, I rush downstairs. Everything is soaked... to make very long story short, we lost all of the carpet and padding. We had to rip it all up this morning - thankfully, Devon and one of our neighbors came over to help. Many calls to the insurance people, home warranty people, plumbers, etc. We think our sump pump failed. Anyways, after a good cry and conversation, the Lord granted us much grace and patience and gave us our humor -- and we moved forward. Oh well... our coffee maker is broken too. I think Jonathan is more upset about that!! Cuisinart's customer service manager is supposed to be calling us back to see if we can prove our date of purchase. Shoot... threw that receipt away 2 years ago!!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Coopers, even with the flooding. Sorry to hear about that! I think Mark and Sheila can commiserate with you on that end, that has happened to them before! I am glad you had a great time in Florida. I want to go back!!!! Where is your inlaws' timeshare? When we upgraded last year, we ended up being out on Old Lake Wilson Rd now, at the Westgave Vacation Villas--just a mile from the Disney entrance. Anyhow, hope you guys are rested from your trip and the home makeover project! Had to laugh at the coffee maker, that would be Greg. Happy New Year to you guys. We love you.

Becky