Wednesday, September 04, 2013

School Start UP

*This makes me happy and sad every morning when I see it coming down the stairs!*
Wow... this year seems HUGE for us! Jonathan's students started August 12, Henry started August 26, Wyatt started August 29, and Myles started today, Sept 4!!! I am always met with such a mixture of emotions in the month of August.

*Henry-2nd grade, Wyatt-Kdg*
Anticipation gets me way worse than when we're actually in the swing of things. This year was no exception! I will say that we had probably one of the best summers ever. So many days together, amazing weather, so many fun excursions, Florida for half a month, endless kickball... it was perfect. We couldn't have hoped for much more. We are blessed beyond measure. Really. This raising family stuff is hard work, but the Lord provides dew and blessing at exactly the right times which eases the times that seem difficult.
*Myles wanted to squeeze in there :)*
So.... here is the school round-up -- Henry is in 2nd grade. I can hardly believe it. I know that it's not that old, but it is to me. I think he's handsome, independent, responsible, and loves physical labor much more than any type of school work!
*I can't express to you the overwhelming sense of excitement he had to start Kdg!*
Wyatt is in Kdg. He was over-the-top excited to start. It's so fun as a parent to see a child be so excited to get out and make a space in the world for himself. It makes handing them over a little easier and I never knew what joy I'd find in doing that. Wyatt is an enthusiastic learner and I believe he will love school.
*This kid is edible. Love him!*
Myles is in preschool... my little aching heart felt much more at peace when he had a great first day. Him and Wyatt are in the same building and Wyatt gets to meet up with him at dismissal. He said as soon as Myles saw him coming down the hall, he ran to Wyatt and gave him a huge hug.  I think Myles smiled all the way home, and I'm not joking!!! It was so cute in the car.
*Our neighbor who rides the bus with Wyatt*
It's good to be in the month of September. I keep finding as I get to know myself even better that CHANGE is not my strong suit. Jonathan is always on a quest for change... and I'm usu trying to find a way to avoid it! But it makes for a special combo and I'm so thankful for his constant encouragement and reality checks. Praying and believing that the Lord will bless this year. He is already ahead of us!
*Aunt Sona has been with us through each transition this month!*
*Best part of day 1? "The bus is so cool Mom!!"* 
*First day of preschool for Mr. Myles.... He actually did GREAT. A huge blessing!*

1 comment:

AylĂ­n Merck said...

I am loving reading these updates, Michelle. Thank you so much for sharing honestly where your heart is in the process of change, and letting your kids go, and seeing them grow. Your perspective blesses me and I am so thankful for your friendship!!