I must admit that kids have chilled me out a bit. I have learned what really trips my trigger... and what I can let go of. For example, messes like this don't bother me anymore. They do after awhile, but I can actually go 12-16 hours now without even touching it (I know, for some of you that sounds pathetic... but it's improvement for me!). In fact, I can walk around it, over it, through it just to get to the bookshelf and the most I might do is kick something out of my way. Because I know at 7pm, it's pickup time and everyone helps. Even if you didn't make the mess, you pick up. But there was a day that I would have been cleaning up messes like this as they were happening... and I'm serious. Have you ever tried to follow around a 18-month old cleaning up? It's tiring! Well, after this many kids, I decided I could either spend my day doing that (literally) or actually get something else done.
Now.... what I still can't stand is a messy kitchen. It's weird... It feels much more personal to me to have a kitchen that looks like my family room. So, if I would have photographed my kitchen, you would see a clean counter, dinner prep cleaned up, and very few dishes in the sink. I can THINK better when my kitchen is clean, I can function better, I actually feel like I can be a nicer person when my kitchen is clean! (Is that even biblical...? I'm sure it's somewhere in the Bible that clean kitchen = nicer woman!) There may be a day when I have to give this up too...! I hope not! :)
But I love pictures like this for my own record... this will be a great memory :) It makes me smile already when I think of how much fun Wyatt and Myles had this morning. Wyatt built a satellite and Myles just walked around pulling anything out he could find. So fun to be kids!
2 comments:
So true! The kitchen must be clean! Someday maybe I'll have a kitchen where I can close a door and won't see the mess : ) Anyway, you're beyond me in mess maturity. Maybe the fourth kid does it? I rarely make it to 7:00 without doing a little pick up at naptime ... for my own sanity or "happiness" ha ha!
I completely agree. I have to stop and give myself a "timeout" sometimes... to clean! Makes a world of difference if the Kitchen is clean or not!
Post a Comment