Thursday, October 11, 2012
Scheduling
So Jonathan has had quite a few evening work commitments the past several weeks. Combined with the class he is in on Monday nights, this makes for some long afternoons and evenings :) Doing dinner/bedtimes gets tricky with all 4 at the stage we're in, so I've found I need to have a plan from 3:30-8p in order to accomplish all we need to do in an evening. I've been making all my dinners during the day so I have no prep at dinnertime. Part of my plan this week has been to take the kids to the park as soon as H is off the bus. We pack snacks, scooters, and the double stroller. I walk/jog the first 30 min, and then let the kids play at the playground and in the soccer goals the second 30 min. Has worked great. We all burn energy, spend time together, and when we get home, we hit homework, dinner, little kids go down, then Bible lesson with some other bedtime reading in the boys room. I have loved it. I find with Henry in school all day, I want to maximize the 4.5 hours with him in the afternoon/evening. If I want that to happen, I have to be strategic! We are finding how important it is to have that time with him to build relationship. It's not just quality time, but quantity of time too... We've been having a ton of conversation about this lately -- But that's a whole other post!! Jonathan and I both know we are in a season. We wouldn't necessarily choose his schedule, but it is what God has given us right now. And He is providing the grace we need.. We honestly feel that. Thankfully! But it does require a lot of honest discussion and prioritizing!! It's not easy... But as a family, we are seeing Gods wisdom being poured out and for that we are thankful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Myles looks so big in those pictures!
Praying for you dear friend! It is truly a season.
May you take comfort in knowing each one of your days is held by our Mighty God.
Also, know you will make it out of this season! You will!
Awesome job on redeeming the time you have with your sweet children.
Love you!
I would say, "look at me. I made it through. I'm ok." But you probably look at me and say, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't let that happen to me! She is crazy!" if you do, at least we will be crazy together!!! :)
Amy is cracking me up! Michelle, I'm glad you have a plan and schedule. I know you've longed for that. This week has been perfect for afternoons at the park. Wow - I'm so proud of you for having dinner prepared during the day. I always fall short of being the disciplined person I want to be. Sounds like you're really on top of things and that's wonderful! Embrace this stage, sister. You have such a blessed life!!
Post a Comment