| *This is Myles' signing 'more' - very cute* |
These are just some random pictures. Things to note:
| *Yes, Wyatt dresses himself. And this picture is a daily occurrence.* |
2. Henry and Wyatt have a very difficult time wearing coats or long sleeves or long pants. Since it's been like spring for the past month, ANYTIME I ask them to put something on that might cover their extremities, I get the eye rolling, "but mom," head down response. Today I had to talk to Henry about his attitude. I gave him the quick lecture on honoring your parents even with your attitude... then I said, "I'm not going to give you a consequence this time, but next time, I will. This is a friendly warning." (I'm sure this violates one of the Tripp books recommendations on discipline! ha ha...!) He said, "Wait, what'd you just say?" I said, "This is just a friendly warning." He says, "No, the other part... the part before that." I say, "The part where I said I'm not going to give you a consequence this time....?" He said, "Yeah... just that part. I heard the rest. Thanks." I'm not really sure what to make of that... but it made me laugh in my head, so I thought I'd jot it down.
3. Yesterday, I got home from a friend's house at 5:30pm. J had a spring concert at school so was not coming home until late. I was prepared. Had dinner made ahead... so I was putting it in the oven to warm, and I hear Wyatt casually say, "Mom, come here please." He was in the bathroom. So I came after closing the oven door... and there was Myles standing at the toilet, playing in the water, WHILE Wyatt was peeing in it. Really? Why wasn't Wyatt screaming for me to come? Needless to say, I set the oven time for 22 minutes and took everyone up for a bath (since at my friends house, Myles pulled over the doggy water bowl and played in that for awhile... he was in desperate need for a wash down.). I had 22 minutes. Success. Came downstairs, took food out of oven, walk around the corner, and there is Myles AGAIN, playing in the toilet water. At least this time, no one was peeing in it. Two years ago, I would have silently rolled my eyes at any mom who let this happen... thinking to myself, seriously, is it that difficult to watch your kids in a 2400 sq.ft. home? But, now... it's me... and honestly, YES. Somedays it is just that hard to keep track depending on your mental state ;)
Ok... that's it for now.
| *Henry working on his bracket during March madness* |

1 comment:
"mental state" - I must have a lot of poor mental state days : )
Anna was really into the bracket this year, too. Fun!
Post a Comment