Wednesday, November 02, 2011

October 31, 2011

I've never been one who gets too excited about halloween. I don't remember doing too much as a kid. I think we may have dressed up a few times for a harvest party at church or to trick-or-treat at my grandparents. But it was definitely not a 'holiday' made much of... When I was little (under12), we lived in the country, so there wasn't really anywhere to go.

When I was in high school, I always had friends who wanted to dress up and go out to get candy. I'm fairly sure, if my memory serves me right, I was always the hesitant one... never wanted to dress up, felt weird asking for candy when I was 16, and most of the time would hold back. When we started having our own kids, we didn't really have a plan for halloween. However, since our kids have gotten older, I realize how much fun it is to dress up and pretend to be someone else! And, we have also found it is a great way to interact with neighbors. We have met a lot of people over the past three trick-or-treat evenings, and always try to make it to houses of people we have met in the neighborhood.

*Our neighbor girls loved the boys costumes!*
Henry was a fireman, Wyatt was a policeman, and Myles was a pirate. The older boys got their costumes for their birthdays last year, and we borrowed Myles'. He was pretty much stunned the entire night. You'll see we got ONE smile out of him at the end of the evening, but that was it. I'm not sure if it was the fact that he was in the stroller in the dark past bedtime? Who knows... :) We had a nice evening and did indeed get a chance to interact with lots of families!





*After about 45 min, the boys were done and wanted to go home. We were happy to oblige!*


*Everyone carved created their own face.. Wyatt is on left, Henry on right, J's is the little guy*




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Pamela said...

I always liked trick or treating when I was a kid. When I was a teenager my friends and I made care bear costumes to be funny. It's weird now when I think about it. I was love-a-lot bear. HA! The boys look cute in their costumes : )

mikeanddebbie said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!!!

sona said...

Love the costumes and the pumpkins look great! where is yours Michelle? The last picture of pirate Myles is awesome!