Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas at the Berry's

We did Christmas with my parents this year the Saturday after Thanksgiving. My personal feeling was that this worked out great. However, I'm sure I am biased since one of the main reasons we moved it is b/c I have to be out-of-town the wknd we'd normally do it. (Sorry sibs!) The reason I liked it is b/c it required one wknd of packing up instead of two. And for those of you who have to travel out of town with small children, luggage, road snacks, food for parties, gifts, outdoor gear, etc., it is quite the production (see pic at bottom of the pile we drug in from the car when we arrived home... guess who gets to unpack??). I also know it is a lot of work for those who are hosting us!! But, I'd say that we all think it's worth it!!

*Wyatt colored the longest... a personal favorite of his*
*Henry completely LOVING playing with his cousins!*
Like I said last year, Mom gets better and better at planning these mini-events. The kids party was shortened to snacks and gift-giving. Then the small kiddos/girls did an indoor activity while the boys all went out and played football with the dads. This worked out great and all the kids had a really, really good time. The video gives you a little peek at Myles, but also an idea of the noise level with my family. Remember, we're not at a restaurant, just at a typical Berry get-together!

The adults went out to dinner that evening. Then we all headed back to the house for gift exchange, good snacks and conversation, and a wealth of pictures and memories set out from my grandma and grandpa Garisch (my mom's parents). We have been working (or I should say mostly Tanya!) on the genealogy and have collected quite a bit of good information. I think the party ended around 1am - and I have nothing to show for it b/c I completely forgot to take a single picture! However, I'm sure someone in the family redeemed me, so you might see some later.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

AMY said...

oh my word. . . that noise level is high!!!! Love the smiles from Myles!!! What great memories your kids are growing up with at family gatherings like that!

Pamela said...

the photo of all the stuff is great - is that a child draped over the pile???