Friday, August 27, 2010

Nothing too new...

Jonathan's work always seems to be busy, but there are definitely busier 'seasons.' For example, August/Sept, and then May... are crazy, crazy months. That is when I go into 'simplicity' mode when it comes to dinners. So I took a picture of a typical dinner for the boys when Jonathan is gone in the evening. I call this 'pizza toast' - I served it this night with yogurt/blueberries and fruit. It's really nothing more than wheat bread with some pizza sauce on it and cheese, and then I put it in the oven to get crispy. So easy and the boys love it. I actually remember having this as a child all the time. Except instead of two pieces, my mom would have as many pieces as her oven could hold in order to give all of us kids some! I'm sure she went through a whole loaf of bread.

Smoothies... a favorite here. I think I told you about spinach in the smoothies, but I have told you about frozen cauliflower? They don't even know it...

The angel of the house... this child is a gem. He is so beautiful and so mild-mannered. We just can't get enough of him!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow! Can't believe how big the little guy is getting. Looking forward to seeing him again!! Think of you all often!!

Pamela said...

Myles is looking so much older! I always make easy dinners when John is gone too - bagel pizzas!

Matt and Abby said...

That is a great idea! I would have never thought about this. Also, I haven't heard about the spinach...just put it in a smoothie? Where do you get your recipes? Do you just make them up?