Tuesday, December 22, 2009

When Daddy is home...

... things happen. Like this incredible lego 'fire station' that is symmetrical and color coordinated. I don't how he does this. But Henry loves it! And... he buys things like pianos for birthdays! :) What a big surprise I had this year!! I've always wanted to learn how to play, but when he tells me to take lessons, I shrug and say 'why? If I don't have a piano at home to play, there'd be no use in taking lessons.' I guess after 10 years, he decided that he wanted to make one of those small dreams come true! I always played sports in high school and I loved to do musicals, but for some reason, never took up an instrument. It's always been a regret. While I love sports, especially as a woman, it is hard to participate the older you get b/c of 'life.' But, I've always thought an instrument would be so nice b/c you could enjoy it at home and your family could too. I'm excited to start to learn! We already have lessons scheduled. A girl at our church is giving them -- I told her I'm sure I'll be her oldest student! :)



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

What a beautiful piano!! And that fire station is quite impressive!!

Pamela said...

that piano is a beautiful sight!! I'm so happy for you! Oh, and I'm so proud of you for putting gifts under the tree! I'm afraid that Payton will unwrap them despite correcting her for it!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you, Michelle!! That's a pretty awesome hubby you have. Thanks for sharing with us. Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!!

Love,
Becky

P.S. Greg said to tell you if you need it tuned, he knows just the guy to do it...aka himself. He tuned pianos for a living when we were in Iowa and still does it for people now.