Friday, December 11, 2009

Memorable Things Kids Say - Volume 7

Anna and Henry are playing right now. First we made cookies. (I did tell Anna to take her fingers out of her nose!) While the cookies are baking, they decide to play "house." This seems to be the popular past time lately. In the last picture, they are "sleeping" - can you see the doll house sitting right by the kitchen table? That is where their "babies" are sleeping. They go to sleep, wake up, come to the house, take care of the kids, daddy (=Henry) goes to work, Mommy (=Anna) stays home with the children. Go back to sleep. Here is what I am overhearing:

Anna: Daddy (this is what they are calling each other), get up! The boy baby is calling your name.
Henry: Baby, go to sleep! Stop calling my name!

Anna: Morning time! Get up Daddy!
Henry: Good morning! It's a great day!

Henry: Mommy, the babies didn't wake up ALL night!! That is sooo good!
Anna: I know!

Henry: I can't go to work today b/c there is a tornado coming... get the babies out of the sandbox!
Anna: Oh no, a tornado! I'll get the babies!

Anna: Night time!
Henry: Good night!

Anna: Oh no... coyotes!
Henry: Are they girl or boy coyotes? If they are girls, you have to fight them.
Anna: They are girls! I'll get them. (she gets up to fight them... very scary!)

Henry: Morning time!

So... just a snapshot in 24-hours of life with Anna & Henry. Last week, they were playing in the basement. Henry came up and told Pam and I they needed a blanket for their baby. He was so serious, we could hardly keep from laughing. I asked why? He said, well, we just got married down there and now we have a baby (at least they did it in the correct order!) and the baby needs a blanket. Wow... all this from kids who don't even watch a lot of TV!!! :)


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Allison Walton said...

This entry was making me giggle out loud!!

mikeanddebbie said...

Ok, this is absolutely adorable. What a precious little friendship they have!

Chris said...

That is so cute! It is always amazing at what they will say! Thanks for sharing!

Chris

Pamela said...

This is such a fun age! I love our little kiddos!