After July 4th, Jonathan went home and I stayed on at my parents to visit with my sister Tabby -- she lives in Grand Rapids and I only see her about twice a year now. It was a special time -- getting to see the kids play and get to know each other more and also getting to spend hours upon hours talking with each other. My other two sisters came out one night (the last pic is all four of us with my mom... do we look tired?) and we talked until 3am. That was the night after Tabby and I stayed up until 3am talking! Yikes! But as you get older, you begin to understand that losing sleep is OK and you'll survive. Sometimes it's just worth it. And, of course, other times it's not! Javin and Henry were great together. Javin is 6, so he basically just taught Henry everything he needed to know. We walked in the bathroom one night and he was giving Henry instructions on how to brush his teeth. It was so darn cute. Henry also learned about the devil and the lake of fire and hell... all in one lunch time. Pretty remarkable! Oh yes, and asked Henry if he wanted to join God's army. It was so darn cute! Callie enjoyed our visit too -- and the girl time. I think that was so special.
what awesome memories!!! With all Henry's cousin is teaching him, you are going to have to make those visits a lot more than 2x a year!!! I love the lake of fire comment!!!!
3 comments:
So glad you got to spend time with your sisters! Late night talks are the best!!
I'm so glad you had a nice time with your sister. Staying up late till 3 AM reminds me of college days!
what awesome memories!!!
With all Henry's cousin is teaching him, you are going to have to make those visits a lot more than 2x a year!!!
I love the lake of fire comment!!!!
Post a Comment