1. (while we're eating breakfast) "Mommy, can we eat dinner now?" I say why? "Because then Daddy would be home."
2. One day we were driving past the mall, and he asked me what that big place was. I said the shopping mall. He said, "Oh yeah, that's where Jesus died on the cross." I said what?? And then again, completely matter of factly, he said, "That's where Jesus died on the cross." I have no idea where he got that idea.
3. I'm always telling Henry he cannot throw balls high in the house nor kick them because he could break things... like light bulbs. Yesterday we were outside playing. He picked up a green soccer ball. "Mommy, can Henry throw this high in the sky?" I said sure! He said, "But why? Are there no lights in the sky?"
4. I was trying to explain to Henry the difference b/t healthy food vs. unhealthy food. Trying to help him understand why he doesn't get large quantities of juice or sugar or cookies or anything else that tastes really, really good! :) And he said, "So sugar is bad for Henry's body?" And I said yes... that's why we eat it in moderation. And he said, "Wow, that's a bummer."
We love this kid! :)

5 comments:
He is hilarious!!! When I asked him last week what kind of gum he had, meaning maybe mint or fruit, he replied "Beth Gum". Well, ok then! Love the comment on the sugar, that's how I feel this week!! I am so glad you are teaching about healthy food vs. unhealthy. Thanks for sharing these fun things, Michelle. We love you guys!
Becky
Henry really does say the funniest things. I like it when he says "my stomach is growling" when we're in the nursery. I don't think he has ever just asked for a snack. We love your little guys!
How adorable! Love it!
My parents used to write down the funny things we said. You'll be so glad you did!!
Sooooooooooo incredibly cute!!
Yesterday at church he prayed before snack. He thanked God for our food and then said, "and thank you for Henry's water, and thank you for Anna's water, and thank you for Henry Frederick's water, and thank you for Marli's water. . . "I am glad there were only 6 in the class!!! I was just cracking up!
Post a Comment