Saturday, March 21, 2009

Family Day




We have been working at preserving at least 2 days a month that we really devote to our growing little family. Since we leave in a few days for overseas, we really wanted to make this one special. It hit us how much we never take the kids to any fast food restaurants which we're happy about... however, we were laughing that when we asked Henry what McDonald's was, he just shrugged his shoulders. The only restaurant he knows is Panera. So, we hit McD's for french fries/ice cream.... the best combo ever. And strolled around Waynesville (a little midwest shopping district near us). Then we went to Caesar's Creek - a state park very near to our home. We had so much fun... the weather was beautiful, the kids were cheerful, and the day seemed timeless. I love that feeling...


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

AMY said...

I'm crying as I'm reading this!
So sweet to spend family days like this!

mikeanddebbie said...

Great pic of you and the boys!! Family time--a favorite at our house!! Why are you going overseas?

Pamela said...

I'm so glad you were able to have this day together before your trip ... so sweet and memorable.