Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hot Chocolate and other stuff

We woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow on our deck. It was frigid out! That warranted the first hot chocolate of the winter. Despite the very chilly weather the past two days, I've persuaded myself to bundle the boys out and get out for a walk. Henry loves to ride his bike, even in the wind and cold air, and I figure I can always use the fresh air. We enjoyed our hot drink today after coming in... we forgot our mittens, so the warm drinks were extra good!

Henry has been playing a lot in the living room lately. I think he's a bit intrigued by the fire place. Today I walked out there and he was sitting on the bricks with his New Testament. When I asked him what he was doing, he said he was reading Psalm 1:6, his Bible verse. Little did he know he was opened to Galatians 1 or that he only had the New Testament. :) One other funny thing... Last night, he ended up in our bed around 3am. When he got up this morning and came downstairs, the first thing he told me was, "Henry don't like that dinosaur in the backyard." Of course, I had to hear this one... so I started asking more questions. He said it was big and reached toward the sky, it had a fork, and was eating grass. And, of course, it scared Henry... which is why he came to our bed. Poor child... :) He is a dreamer... which I think is why his sleep has always been disturbed!!
A little Finger Maze action with Uncle Devon on his iPhone. Devon is not a clinger to his material possessions... :) which is why he let's Henry handle the sacred iPhone!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

A urora said...

Aurora don't like dinosaur in backyard either! :-)

mikeanddebbie said...

I wish our weather would cool down a bit! It was 86 today--doesn't feel much like Thanksgiving...it's supposed to be in the mid 70's next week, so that will help a little...the fall trees in your yard look beautiful!