Friday, September 19, 2008

Wind Storm

We had some crazy winds here on Sunday. I think at one point, they were up to 78mph. There were lots of people in the Miami Valley without power -- and there are still some who don't have it! Tons of trees were down - and many roofs damaged. One of our pastors reminded us of places in the Bible where the Lord is said to be our "shelter," "refuge," and "stronghold." We don't often get good imagery of what that means in these days b/c we all have roofs over our heads and aren't exposed to the elements. But, after the wind on Sunday, I had a vivid image in my mind of what it means for the Lord to be my shelter during the storm. I was thankful for that reminder. I'm sure many believers who are down in TX have a better picture of that as well.

We shot a few short videos of the wind -- here is one for your viewing pleasure. It turned out OK for the blog, but it doesn't give you the full version... this was actually toward the beginning of the storm. We were still letting Henry enjoy it... later on, I didn't let him out as often for fear he might get smacked by a shingle or a tree!

No comments: