Last year, we ran the Flying Pig Mini in Cincinnati. This year, Jonathan ran the Indy 500 Festival Mini. I didn't think I had enough time to train after the baby and would rather take on some 5k's first! :) He did awesome. His goal was to finish with 8-minute miles, and he did just about that. His official time was 1hr 48min. Way to go Jonathan!! You did awesome! I did not go down with the kids b/c it was just too packed w/ 35,000 runners and then the fans. But, amazingly enough, they televise it and we saw him come through the finish line on TV!!! We were so excited!! It made up for not being there. David and Sona were able to see him at the finish which was so encouraging for Jonathan. Sona snapped the pics... Thanks Sona! The last picture is one of the start line - it gives you an idea of how many runners there are.


3 comments:
Way to go Jonathon!
I wish I would have known you were going to be there! We are there every year with Youth for Christ (our job) as a fundraiser, and we share a big tent in the Park with Huntington. Since I'm significantly pregnant this year, I was in charge of the tent. But it would have been fun to see you and say hello!
Courtney
Jonathan, well done!! I am so excited you got to see it on TV!! Did anyone happen to tape that? Pretty neat.
Becky C.
Post a Comment